Self Unfinished (1998)
- 1 Performer + 1 production manager
- The space should be as empty and nude as possible. The ideal space is a "White Cube".
- Minimum 10m by 10m, better 10m x 12m
- White dance floor
- Necessary : White back wall usable to lean on, (see sequence here). Hauteur minimum Heighth 3,50 m (to be discussed). The walls dimensions should be discussed before any construction is needed.
- No curtains
- If possible white walls on all sides (to be discussed), no curtains
- First row should be at minimum 12 meters from the back stage wall
- In this case the row seats should not be wider then 10 meters with lateral access (if possible No stairs in the middle). For deeper stage wider rows are possible
- For a good visibility the spectators should seat on a tribune or bleachers (each row higher then the previous one).
- 1 ghettoblaster 2 x 20 w (portable CD player)
- 1 chair, square, simple in black metal
36 x Neon lights 1,2m long, 36W, cold white. Always 100% ON the lights don’t need to be dimmable.
- The lights should be placed in very symmetrical rows starting minimum at 80 cm from the back wall
- All lamps will be switched on from the beginning (before audience entrance) to the end of the show. No light cues.
- 6 hours with 2 technicians
- 2,5 hours before the show
Duration of the piece:
- The piece "Self Unfinished" is registered at the SACD, France.
- The Music is registered at GEMA (for Germany).
- Diana Ross, Album "Diana" Song: Upside down / duration: 4.06 min, 1980 Motown Record Company, L.P. nr.: 530 099 -